May To-Do List
02 May 2016
Download a blank version of our May calendar here.
Hello, sweet month of May! We here at AFCHQ are so happy to see you. After all, May, you are one of the prettiest months out of the 12 if we do say so ourselves. Our love for May has a lot to do with the month’s blooming peonies, warmer weather, and an increased number of outdoor activities.
Let’s dive into our May 2016 To-Do-List–and there is plenty to do!
- Met Gala. The Met Gala, hosted by Anna Wintour (Vogue’s Editor and Chief) and co-chaired (this year) by Taylor Swift is the first Monday in May. Tune into to see all the hot celebs walking the red carpet with the 2016 theme being, “Manus X Machina: Fashion in the Age of Technology.” Want to learn more about the ins and outs of the Met Gala? Head to the theater to watch the documentary The First Monday in May which focuses on the all the sweat, work, and glitter that goes into the creation of the Met Gala Ball each year.
- Cinco de Mayo. Get ready to break out the piñata, chips n’ salsa, and the maracas–it’s Cinco de Mayo, folks, and we are ready to par-tay. Plus, we are a tad obsessed with Studio DIY’s avocado piñata!
- Mother’s Day. Celebrate mom on Sunday, May 8th. We have a slew of things your mommy or mother figure is bound to love!
- Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. Now through May 30th, Epcot is celebrating spring with a host of festivities inside the Disney Theme Parks.
- Alice Through The Looking Glass: The second live action Disney Thriller, Alice in Wonderland: Through The Looking Glass hits theaters May 27th and kicks off the Summer 2016 Box Office Season.
- Happy Birthday Ms. Fox. Megan Fox turns 30 on May 16th–wish the up and coming summer blockbuster star of Teenage Mutant Turtles Two a happy day!
- Class of 2016. The month of May happens to be college graduation season. Luckily, we have a special place for you to stop and shop for your favorite grad online.
- Plant Some Color. May is the season to fill your pots and hanging baskets with flowers–make a pit stop at your local flower market or greenhouse and plant away!
- Happy B-Day Sam. Singer, Sam Smith turns 23 on May 19th.
- Brunch. Do you brunch? It’s the cool thing to do–plus, it just sounds fancy. Pick a Sunday in May and let’s brunch.
- Swim. Summer is practically here and in order to be beach/pool ready you’ll need some new swimwear. We got the swim goods here.
- Bird Games. Remember Angry Birds? You know, the game we all used to play on our phones? It’s coming to the big screen on May 20th–nothing to be angry about here!
- Can’t Let It Go: Elsa is having a Birthday on May 30th! Well, the actress, Idina Menzel is anyway–she’ll be 44.
- Memorial Day. Memorial Day is iconic for the start of summer. Party hard with a cookout and or pool party if you will. However, take a second to remember all the men and women who proudly served and gave their lives for our country throughout the years.
As you can tell, we are going to have a hay-day this May. Join in with us!